Monday, June 11, 2018

The Azores are beautiful.

Well the Azores are beautiful. Holy crap! It's so green! It's amazing! It's like in all those films where people go to those remote islands in the middle of the ocean, that turn out to be magical or something. These islands are magical. I don't know how they work.  I think we are on top of three volcanos or something.  If one of them explodes, we're toast. We better hope that the second coming doesn't come in the next 6 weeks to 5 months because I think I remember hearing «And cities will be swallowed up in the sea» and I think that was talking about these islands. But the people are great here. There aren't that many members here but the people are cool. They talk with an accent. It's like they are talking Portuguese but with a French accent. It's funny. I think I actually understand them better than I do people from the mainland or people from brazil. Those 8 years of French are really paying off now!
 
We have been working with a ton of urgency. We are trying to find someone who can be baptized by the end of the month. We taught a lesson the first day I got here to a man named Carlos. He is a reference from a member. We taught the plan of salvation. He was taking notes and writing down stuff. He was drawing the conclusions before we could say them. I showed him the picture of Christ being baptized and he said he wanted to do that because it looks so pretty. We'll see how that goes.
 
We talked with a family in the road on Friday and said we were going to stop by on Monday. Yesterday, we had a bad day. Nothing much was happening. We turned the corner on a street and I saw a man sitting on the door step. I stopped to talk with him. We talked, we asked if we could enter, and we did. We taught the gospel of Christ to him and testified about the importance of following the example of Christ.  He said they were willing to do that. It wasn't until the end that they told us that we had talked to them the day before and were going to pass by the next day.  The Lord works in mysterious ways.
 
The Azores are elect!
 
Élder Fogg

No comments:

Post a Comment