Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 3 already

I can't believe it's week 3 already. The days here are so long and I feel so tired but the time flies. A day feels like a week and a week feels like a day. I am almost halfway done with the MTC. Brother Regehr ( our second teacher that was our 1st investigator) tore his ACL on Monday playing flag football. On Tuesday he was teaching class and he got a call from the hospital. He had an emergency surgery that he didn't know about so he had to leave class early. Since Tuesday we have had about every teacher that teaches Portuguese at the MTC. It's great having different teachers because it brings so many different perspectives but its also kind of sporadic.

We don't get any news here (so if someone could hit me up with some news regularly that would be great). The only things I know have happened since I left is the Cubs won the World Series in the 10th inning and that Trump won. That's about it. I am also a boss at four square. 

My companion has an identical twin that is also speaking Portuguese. It's hard to tell them apart sometimes. There are also a lot of Portuguese speakers here. There are going to be over 100 Portuguese speakers in our zone next week (there are usually 20-30). There are a lot of missionaries going to Brazil that still haven't gotten their visas. 

Elder Martel was heading to Lisbon the transfer before we arrived but had emergency surgery before he left so he had to stay an extra two weeks in the MTC. It was a blessing having him around because he actually knew how to speak Portuguese. The rest of us would always go to him for help. I can't wait to see him again in Portugal.

We have been studying teaching by the spirit this week. The spirit is such a blessing; it is gift from Heavenly Father. Without it I don't know how to teach because what I'm saying is not Portuguese. We teach people not lessons, and the way we do that is by the spirit.
 
Elder Fogg

Congrats to the LBXC girls on back to back states. Congrats to the Guys on runner-up.

Also people should send me emails (benjamin.fogg@mylds.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment