Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 5 - Thanksgiving re-cap


This week was crazy, so put down that left over pumpkin pie that that you're eating and listen up. Wednesday started like any other day. We got up at 6:30 and did the normal routine. We went to class for our normal 3 hour blocks of learning and studying but after we finished exercise things started getting crazy. I was just sitting there minding my own business, eating some MTC food that wasn't spectacular when out of no where my district leader handed me a piece of paper. My heart jumped into my throat. It was our travel plans. Our district and all the other non-brazilian portuguese speaking districts are leaving for our missions by next Tuesday. We are the last to leave. We leave on Tuesday. Everyone was so excited that we couldn't concentrate when we got back to the classroom. It was chaos.



If I were you I would stay seated. On Thursday we didn't get to watch football games, instead we had three devotionals. The first was by Neil L Anderson. He talked about being thankful, how appropriate. I sang in the choir, we sang Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. There were enough other missionaries that it sounded beautiful even though I sounded like a dying cow. The second devotional we had was about service. We had a service project afterward where we made meals for children in Utah. Our third devotional of the day was more of a talent show. It was really cool seeing other missionaries bear their testimonies through their talents and music. Thanksgiving lunch was not as delicious as back home. And they only had pumpkin and apple pie. The MTC store black Friday sale did not live up to the hype. Everything was still full price.


 


This week really picked up when started to debate the nature of sandwhiches. We had a lot of debates about whether hot dogs are sandwiches. Which they are, some people feel very strongly that they are not, even though they clearly are. That's just my unbiased opinion. 





It snowed this morning and it looks like it is going to stick this time. There isn't going to be that much snow in Portugal so it's good that we're getting it now. 

Ether 12:6 is a great scripture I came across this week. It is after the trial of our faith that we find things are true. This has been a very trying time for me, but this has also been the greatest growth of my testimony in my life.
   
Until Next Week


No comments:

Post a Comment