Monday, June 5, 2017

Atonement of Jesus Christ

Olä minha grande familia! Tudo Bem
 
Essa marvelhosa semana comenceu um pocco mal. Estava doente por os primeiros dias. Mais na fim meu saude melhorou e eu consegi trabalhar na fim dessa semana. Foi bom!
 
This week was basically another great week in paradise! The sun was shining really hot and the people here are still eleitos so this week was great! Elder Thompson, my trainer is now one of our Zone leaders here in the Algarve. My companion Elder Moses is the district leader of our district.  Basically he's in charge of the missionaries west of Faro, the missionaries in Olhao, Tevira, Beja. But the District leaders and Zone Leaders do divisions sometimes and this week was one of those times that they did a division. Elder Moses went with the other Zone leader in Faro and I stayed with Elder Thompson in Olhao. It was really cool. I did a division with my trainer and basically he got to see how much I have grown since day 1 when I could not speak a lick of Portuguese or anything. It was really fun. 

We also started teaching this girl that is really hipster. She has these clothes that are like "Hello, I'm a hipster". Also her sunglasses are the type that are that brown that are basically hipsterness and she has gages. Also she had dreadlocks, hipsterness overload. She is really hipster. But we taught her a lesson this past Saturday. She has some hipster reincarnation "we're all spirits is this melting pot that is the earth" ideas that are a little bit crazy. Also she says that she is a prophetess, which is pretty cool. We talked about how we are spirit sons and daughters of God and that our time here is a time to meet god. She liked our visit so much that we all lost track of time and she actually missed that her friends had been calling for forty minutes already and they had gotten mad and in full hipster, hippy fashion, they had left without her. Oh I am realizing now that I didn't mean to say hipster I meant to say hippy this whole time.   

This week I have been studying a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have been reading a book called "The Infinite Atonement". It is a book that talks about how the sacrifice that Christ made for us is infinite in nature, and basically what that means. The book is really good, I will encourage all to read it but I really like how it talks about why Christ did the sacrifice that he did. He knew completely that it would be extremely painful but he knew that it was the only way that we could receive a fullness of our potential. Any sin, any sadness, any illness, he has atoned. Every weakness and heartache, he already knows. He loves us and wants us to repent. All we have to do is be humble, say sorry and trust in the son that was sent.

I hope you're all good. I am alive and well. 
 
Beijinhos,
Elder Fogg
Missão Portugal Lisboa

No comments:

Post a Comment