Monday, January 8, 2018

President Monson was a prophet of God

Well I was pondering recently and I realized that, nuts, I haven't sent a photo of myself in a long time. I know you all are pretty concerned, but I just want to reassure all of you guys that I still look the same. This past week, I had my other leg amputated but besides that everything is the same. I don't know how I am going to run with two prosthetic legs but I'll make it work. The mission doesn't have enough money to buy the legs for me so I'll be walking on my hands for the next year, should be interesting.

I'm just kidding - both my legs are working just fine.  This week was really exciting. I don't know why but I think that we have found every single person in Amadora that is not married but living with another person. Basically, all of our investigators have that problem.  It's alright. We are trying to help a couple of them get married.  It should be fun.
President Monson passed away.  We found out on Wednesday. It made it pretty hard to testify that we have a living prophet. But I was reading today in the declaration 1 and 2 after the Doctrine and Covenants. Since President Monson passed away this past week, I think this quote applies to us. It was given by Wilford Woodroff.  He was talking with respect to the office of president of the church. He said that the Lord would not let anyone lead the saints in the wrong direction or to the wrong decision. I believe completely in that statement. I know that President Monson was a prophet of God but I also know that god still calls prophets and that his next prophet is still going to be a prophet also.
Elder Fogg

No comments:

Post a Comment