Monday, May 14, 2018

Q&A - with Elder Fogg

I received a couple of letters from home and seeing that there is a little confusion as to what I was doing here on the mission I have decided to do a Question and Answer session. (please remember that this is a joke, based very loosely on questions that may or may not have been received).

Question: Where are you serving? 
Answer: I know it's hard to remember sometimes, sometimes I don't even remember. I am serving in Sião o novo Jerusalém (Zion the new Jerusalem), some people mistakenly think that that's Jackson County Missouri but no. It's actually Lisbon, Portugal.
 
Question: Where is Portugal?
Answer: As Gob Bluth put it from Arrested Development  ''Portugal ... Going to live it up down ol’ South America way, huh, Mikey?'' Contrary to popular belief, Portugal isn't actually a South American country, neither central nor northern American either. They don't even like Americans. It actually is European. Next to Spain.
 
Question: So it's a province of Spain? 
Answer: No, Spain has it's own  government and language. Portugal has a government that is  completely different and a language that Spaniards don't even understand.
 
Question: So they speak Spanish?
Answer: There is a language in this world that is literally called PORTUGUESE. It's actually one of the most spoken languages in the world spanning many continents, cultures and people.
 
Question: ''Are you excited to come home in October''
Answer: OK, wow, I am trying to focus as a missionary on missionary stuff and missionary things being very missionary-y. Gosh. I can neither confirm nor deny these allegations. Let me answer your question with a question, where is Kolob? (I don't know)
 
It was great responding to your questions. If you guys have any other questions that you like to have responded feel free to send them and I'll do (as DJ Khaled would say) another one.
 
Élder Fogg

No comments:

Post a Comment