Monday, July 23, 2018

Tania and Diolinda made it to church

Inspired Continente run: There is a grocery store called Continente, it's like target or Safeway. Well because it was transfer week, we had to buy food during the week because Elder Barton didn't get here until Wednesday. Well, we decided to go to Continente during the morning right before lunch. As walked in, we ran into a member called Paulo Tavares who was there with his family. We talked with them for a while. Then, as we were in the produce aisle, we ran into Carlos who was actually there with Paulo. They were all buying groceries at the same time! Then, we went to the meat section. As we passed by there, we ran into a less active Mariano. Elder Barton has the opportunity to meet all of them at the same time! while buying food! What efficiency! I felt like that part from the Best Two Year «How'd you know to come here? Indigestion. It was inspiration ain't it? Humility, humility is the key to inspiration.  Can I write that down?»

Tania Raposo: She's crazy! But really cool. We have been working with her since I arrived. Before I arrived, the members had little faith in the less actives coming back to church. I don't know why or how aside from the Lord's timing (because it definitely didn't come from me).   She made it to church for the first time in a long time. We had talked with her on Saturday and said we would call. Elder Noad called her in the morning but she didn't answer. I was standing outside waiting for people to come. I had the phone with me when I received a call. IT was from Tania.  She told me «elder I'm on my way!». And she came. The attitudes of the members changed a little.  They thought «well if Tania can come back, any one can come back». Maria de Paz, a member that is very active, started calling her and others and this week for the first time in year Diolinda came to church. We didn't even plan that. Tania showed up late and when she walked in Diolinda walked in too! It was crazy! I was so happy! I felt like jumping up and down celebrating! (but we were in the middle of the sacrament so I decided not to). Now Tania has the goal of going to the Temple this next year! Last week in gospel principles we had a lesson on missionary work.  We talked about how we need to be the examples sometimes keeping the commandments to help others make and keep covenants. She said she had never paid tithing.  We invited her pay tithing. Start now. This week, I saw her with her tithing slip! Inviting people to changes and seeing them make changes in their lives is incredible! It's great seeing the happiness that she has now. I know that when we follow Jesus Christ we are happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment