Monday, September 17, 2018

Hurricane missed us

So this week was kind of hectic, I don't know why.  It always is and for some reason was again this week. We worked a lot. Alfredo and Maria came to church. We thought Tania was also going to come but she didn't. That's the third week that she's missed in a row, sadness. School started today.  Everyone was really sad that summer ended. It didn't change anything for us so I was pretty indifferent. I heard that BYU won!  Go cougs! There was apparently a hurricane coming our way that barely missed us, and I guess there's another headed for us. I've heard that it's going to miss us. It brings to mind that scripture that Satan with throw his fiery darts (well in this case his ''watery'' darts), but we're out here dodging 'em "Samuel the Lamanite" style. 

We are preparing for a mission tour of Elder Paul V. Johnson of the Seventy. It's going to be in Lisbon, so we are going to be traveling for most of the week. I studied hardcore the gospel of Jesus Christ and some talks that the mission sent us to prepare for the meeting. They were really good. Learned a lot about the Gospel. I liked what I learned about repentance. That it's not just asking God to forgive our sins but that repentance is believing that the Savior performed the atonement and that he has the power to change us. An important part is asking forgiveness but we need to add two other important parts: 1. pleading that he will give us the strength to overcome the weaknesses we have and 2. our best efforts. When we do those two things we receive the grace of Christ which is the enabling power. Personally I have also felt that the spirit will be sent to comfort us and give us strength and reassurance that we will improve.

Élder Fogg

No comments:

Post a Comment