Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas

Olà, Tudo Bem?

This week we had a Christmas conference with the whole mission. I was able to see the MTC group again. We all got to share experiences from our first couple of weeks. It was good finding out that I wasn't the only one that felt a little lost. Everyone in the Portugal Lisbon Mission was there. We got to hear President and Sister Tavares speak. I could understand a lot of what they were saying. I could feel their love for all of us. We had a gift exchange which was interesting. I got pancake mix and syrup which was really good. Every zone got to present something to the whole mission. It was funny seeing the creativity of others. Our presentation was a play about how Santa got baptized. We created a dance that everybody loved. (I have shared the video, explanation of video, closing act after Santa is baptized, we whip, 2 baptism, 2 confirmations, nae nae, 4 dabs)

This Christmas was a lot different than any other Christmas I have experienced in my life. Usually Christmas is spent with family and there are gifts. This year I received no material gifts but I feel like I have learned the most out of all the Christmas's I have experienced. Christmas Eve it was like a ghost town here. Everyone was having dinner with their families so we decided that we would go caroling to our investigators and members. It was so fun sharing the light of Christ with others through song. Christmas morning we had french toast and syrup which was so good. After we went to church, we had lunch with a member family. In the evening we were able to talk with our families. It was interesting seeing how missionaries are a lot like their families. We are influenced so much by them. I love my family and I am grateful families are central to Heavenly Father's plan. 

Have a New Year. 
 
Elder Fogg

No comments:

Post a Comment